About Patient Candidate Illumination all information
Update Date: September 1, 2023
This Prospective Candidate clarification text has been prepared in order to enlighten and inform the prospective candidates about the terms and conditions regarding the use of the data obtained and / or to be obtained by Dr. Umur Akıner as the data controller by various methods in order to provide health services and the ways in which the data is processed.
- General Explanations
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For this reason, the regulations on personal data in this text shall apply if the relevant information belongs to a natural person. If the relevant information belongs to legal entities, the regulations other than the regulations on personal data in this text shall apply.
Personal data are processed in line with the following basic principles as regulated in the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (LPPD) in force in Turkey:
- Compliance with the law and good faith,
- Being accurate and up to date when necessary,
- Processing for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes,
- Being relevant, limited and proportionate to the purpose for which they are processed,
- Retention for the period stipulated in the relevant legislation or required for the purpose for which they are processed.
Since AKINER provides services in Turkey and is based in Turkey, it basically adopts the regulations and principles in the LPPD. In addition, AKINER makes every effort to comply with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legal data protection regulations for persons residing in the European Union or activities in contact with the European Union.
- Enlightening and Informing the Data Subject
AKINER is obliged to enlighten/inform the natural persons whose data will be processed during the acquisition of personal data in accordance with the LPPD. With this clarification text, it is aimed to make the necessary clarifications. In this context, AKINER provides information on the following subjects.
- Identity of the data controller and its representative, if any,
- The purpose for which personal data will be processed,
- To whom and for what purpose the processed personal data may be transferred,
- The management and legal reason for collecting personal data and
- Rights of the person concerned
- Collection of Personal Data, Collection Method and Legal Reasons
The personal data of the data subjects may be collected by automatic or non-automatic methods by filling out written forms, verbally or electronically during the physician’s examination and interviews with the physician.
Identity Information: Name-surname, gender
Contact Information: phone number
Health information: limited patient background, whether the patient has undergone an operation related to the subject for which he/she has consulted a physician, whether he/she has undergone any treatment in this regard, if there is any chronic disease that will affect the treatment or process, if an examination is performed; general notes, findings and conclusions of the physician regarding the examination.
Visual Records: Photographs to determine the patient’s suitability for the operation and to be used as a reference in the diagnosis/treatment process.
All personal data of prospective patients are processed in accordance with the above-mentioned basic conditions and principles for the purposes specified in this disclosure text, which are subject to the prospective patient sharing this data. In this context, identity information, contact information, visual records and health information,
- The processing of the relevant data is clearly stipulated by law,
- Where data processing is mandatory in order to fulfill our legal obligations,
- Provided that it is directly related to the conclusion or performance of a contract, it is necessary to process personal data of the parties to the contract, It is processed for the reasons of publicization of the relevant data by the person.
In particular for health data; the relevant data is processed by the data controller who is under the obligation of confidentiality for the purpose of medical diagnosis, treatment and care services.
- Purpose for which Personal Data will be Processed
The personal data specified in this clarification text will be processed for the purposes of carrying out the activities in accordance with the legislation, collecting and finalizing the requests of the data owners, carrying out diagnosis and treatment planning with our potential patients, carrying out communication activities, carrying out and auditing business activities, ensuring business continuity, carrying out service production and operation processes and following up requests and complaints.
In addition to the above, health information is also processed for the purposes of medical diagnosis, diagnosis and treatment planning and their presentation. In case the prospective patient is examined, the general examination notes and findings of the physician are also kept by the physician. No information collected will be made public.
- Transfer of Personal Data
AKINER processes the personal data of Users in accordance with the principles of “need to know” and “need to use”, by ensuring the necessary data minimization and taking the necessary technical and administrative security measures. In addition, personal data may be shared with relevant lawyers, auditors and experts, regulatory and supervisory bodies and competent authorities such as courts and enforcement offices within the scope of fulfilling legal obligations, limited to the purposes specified in this text.
In addition, if you contact us through an international health tourism agent/broker from a region other than the Republic of Türkiye, general potential operation information may also be shared with your international health tourism agent/broker with whom you contact us within the scope of international health tourism legislation.
- Some of our Business Partnerships
AKINER’s contents may be displayed on Meta (a family of companies including Facebook and Instagram) or similar online platforms in order to inform prospective patients. In such a case, AKINER does not know why and how its contents are displayed to the potential data subjects, and cannot access any personal data of these persons (unless shared directly with them). In the event that the data subjects share information directly with AKINER, the rules and principles in this clarification text will be applied for the relevant information. Different policies prepared for different data processing scenarios of AKINER are separate and independent from this text.
In the event that the prospective patient shares his/her personal data with AKINER through a third party (e.g. various online channels, environments where it is possible to contact AKINER such as Facebook or Instagram), the relevant personal data processing processes of these third parties are separate and independent from AKINER. AKINER does not assume any data responsibility for the data processing procedures of these third parties and does not make any commitment regarding the security of these data. Data subjects are obliged to review the third party’s policies on personal data before sharing personal data through third parties.
- Rights of Data Subjects
Pursuant to Article 11 of the LPPD, the Data Subjects have the following rights;
- Learn whether personal data is being processed,
- Request information if personal data has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used for their intended purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
- Although it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the KVKK and other relevant laws, in the event that the reasons requiring its processing disappear, to request the deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions stipulated in the KVKK and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data is transferred,
- In the event that the processed data is analyzed exclusively through automated systems and results in a result to the detriment of the Data Subject, to object to this,
- To demand the compensation of the damage in case the persons suffer damage due to the processing of personal data contrary to the KVKK.
Complaints/requests to be made by the Data Subjects whose personal data are processed in order to exercise their rights will be answered and finalized positively/negatively within the shortest time and within 30 days at the latest in a reasoned manner.
In the application, which includes the explanations regarding the right that the persons have as personal data owners and will make in order to exercise their rights mentioned above and request to use; the issue requested must be clear and understandable, the issue requested must be related to the person or if the applicant is acting on behalf of someone else, he / she must be specially authorized in this regard and document his / her authority, the application must contain identity and address information and documents certifying the identity must be attached to the application..
Data Controller: Umur Akıner
Address: Cumhuriyet Neighborhood, Halaskargazi Street, No:119/4, Şişli, İstanbul
E-mail: [email protected]
Cumhuriyet Mah, Halaskargazi Cd. No : 119/4, 34380 Şişli/İstanbul, Türkiye
0544 849 50 60
Do you have any questions?
You can contact us to get detailed information about our operations and to see the visuals about the operations.